Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Corey Perry: In his final season before free agency, Perry could net himself a huge payday with a huge year.
- Ryan Getzlaf: Ditto.
- Bobby Ryan: Hopefully Ryan can get back to that 71 point level from ’10-’11 after all the trade rumours have settled.
- Teemu Selanne: He’s defied your expectations already. Let someone else draft the sniper if you dare.
- Cam Fowler: His 3rd season and no Visnovsky means Fowler could get pass his 40-point rookie year.
- Jonas Hiller: A whopping 73 games played but delivered mediocre stats in ’11-’12. Good second starter.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Emerson Etem: If he makes the team, he’ll have a top-six role. Get him for the goals.
- Sheldon Souray: He’ll get the powerplay minutes you need.
NHL Fantasy Briefs will take quick daily look at all 30 NHL teams and analyze their fantasy prospects. We don’t have a fantasy season, yet – but you will want to be ready when we do!
Latest posts by Matt Bennett (see all)
- The Fantasy Minute – Week of November 13th - November 13, 2014
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey – Saturday, November 16 - November 16, 2013
- Hall, Briere and Visnovsky all leave Saturday action - October 20, 2013