Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Ryan Miller: Still proving to be among the fantasy elite.
- Thomas Vanek: One of the most reliable near-30 goal scorers in the NHL… and you’ll probably still be able to get him at a discount.
- Christian Ehrhoff: Big production drop after signing the big contract but still need to draft on potential.
- Tyler Myers: He’ll still draft among the top-tier defensemen but last year was incredibly inconsistent.
- Jason Pominville: With Vanek, another member of the offensive consistency club you can get later in your draft.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Cody Hodgson: Only put up 8 in 20 with the Sabres after the trade but moving Roy out clears the way for many more offensive minutes.
- Tyler Ennis: The pick will turn heads but the small forward could pay off, especially if he has winger eligibility.
- Steve Ott: PIMs, PIMs, PIMs.
- Drew Stafford: Quiet 50-point guy but you’ll only need him in the deepest leagues.
NHL Fantasy Briefs will take quick daily look at all 30 NHL teams and analyze their fantasy prospects. We don’t have a fantasy season, yet – but you will want to be ready when we do!
The following two tabs change content below.
Matt Bennett is an original DailyFaceoff.com co-Founder. Feel free to reach Bennett directly @bennettdf.
Latest posts by Matt Bennett (see all)
- The Fantasy Minute – Week of November 13th - November 13, 2014
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey – Saturday, November 16 - November 16, 2013
- Hall, Briere and Visnovsky all leave Saturday action - October 20, 2013