Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Miikka Kiprusoff: The best fantasy option on this team but the wins will be lesser now more than ever.
- Jarome Iginla: Played every game over the past 5 seasons.
- Michael Cammalleri: Produced at a decent rate after the trade to the Flames, but may get overdrafted by the casual user.
- Alex Tanguay: Suffered a real down year after a 69-point season. On again, off again.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Sven Bartschi: He won’t make the team to sit on the bench. 50+ points is certainly in range.
- Mark Giordano: Will rack up the PP points at least.
- Dennis Wideman: The other Flames’ PP alternative… going to be him or Giordano opposite Bouwmeester.
- Jiri Hudler: Remember that those 25 goals came on the Red Wings, not the Flames.
NHL Fantasy Briefs will take quick daily look at all 30 NHL teams and analyze their fantasy prospects. We don’t have a fantasy season, yet – but you will want to be ready when we do!