Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Patrick Sharp: Back-to-back 30-goal seasons at a weak winger position. Draft and accept the injury risk.
- Jonathan Toews: Nearly a point-per-game after returning last season and could come at a discount.
- Patrick Kane: Three straight years of declining points but hard to believe he can’t top 70 points this year.
- Marian Hossa: Might be best to leave his injury risk with somebody else.
- Duncan Keith: That 69-point season is starting to look like an outlier. Still a reliable D option.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Corey Crawford: You really want nothing to do with the Hawks’ goaltending situation but if you must, you can hold out hope that Crawford figures it out this season.
- Nick Leddy: 11 of his 34 assists came on the power play last year and that should only continue to go up.
NHL Fantasy Briefs will take quick daily look at all 30 NHL teams and analyze their fantasy prospects. We don’t have a fantasy season, yet – but you will want to be ready when we do!
Matt Bennett is an original DailyFaceoff.com co-Founder. Feel free to reach Bennett directly @bennettdf.
Latest posts by Matt Bennett (see all)
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey – Saturday, November 16 - November 16, 2013
- Hall, Briere and Visnovsky all leave Saturday action - October 20, 2013
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey Today – Rosters Lock at 1pm! - October 18, 2013