Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Jamie Benn: Hard to argue against increasing his point totals every year despite less games played. Look for 30+ goals if healthy.
- Loui Eriksson: Three straight 70+ point seasons and proved he can still perform without Brad Richards.
- Michael Ryder: Might have had the quietest 35-goal season out of anyone last year.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Alex Goligoski: Remember that 45 point season? It was only one year ago.
- Derek Roy: Center is deep but you have to like the prospects of a fresh start in Dallas. He’ll be sidelined rehabbing from shoulder surgery until November, however.
- Ray Whitney: You probably won’t draft him because he’s 40, but he hasn’t failed to contribute in his latter years, yet. Selanne v2.0?
NHL Fantasy Briefs will take quick daily look at all 30 NHL teams and analyze their fantasy prospects. We don’t have a fantasy season, yet – but you will want to be ready when we do!
The following two tabs change content below.
Matt Bennett is an original DailyFaceoff.com co-Founder. Feel free to reach Bennett directly @bennettdf.
Latest posts by Matt Bennett (see all)
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey – Saturday, November 16 - November 16, 2013
- Hall, Briere and Visnovsky all leave Saturday action - October 20, 2013
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey Today – Rosters Lock at 1pm! - October 18, 2013