Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Jimmy Howard: Coming off his best season, yet, it will need to be seen how a Lidstrom-less D affects his numbers.
- Pavel Datsyuk: Datsyuk is now 3 seasons removed from 97 point but has still produced at or near a point per game in his last two.
- Henrik Zetterberg: ’11-12 had Hank’s lowest power play and overall output as a Red Wing. However, still should be considered one of the top wing-eligible players.
- Johan Franzen: The streaky Mule will get you your power play goals.
- Niklas Kronwall: Kronwall has been groomed for the opportunity to be the Wings’ top minute eater. Hopefully, the offensive output follows.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots:
- Valtteri Filppula: Filppula finally put together a solid season but will likely go undrafted in standard leagues.
- Mikael Samuelsson: Difficult to see where he will fit in but if he’s regularly playing top-six minutes, 20 goals could be attainable again.
- Ian White: Benefited from being paired with Lidstrom on the power play but the offensive defenseman will still be counted on to contribute.
- Kyle Quincey: Past couple seasons are too rocky to trust him. He will most certainly receive PP2 minutes.
NHL Fantasy Briefs will take quick daily look at all 30 NHL teams and analyze their fantasy prospects. We don’t have a fantasy season, yet – but you will want to be ready when we do!