Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Taylor Hall: Getting better and entering his third season. If he stays healthy, he’ll pot an easy 30.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Emerged as the primary center on the Oilers’ top line and 23 of his 52 points were on the power play.
- Jordan Eberle: As electric as he is productive. 34 goals and 76 points in his sophomore year could leave him at a top-10 winger by the end of the season.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Sam Gagner: It’s easy to forget he’s only 23 but with these offensive weapons surrounding him, he could surprise.
- Justin Schultz: The hyped up D-man will go higher than he should in the draft. If Jake Gardiner is his upside, you can pass this year.
- Nail Yakupov: The Oilers will score and he will be a part of it if he makes the team out of camp.
- Ales Hemsky: You’re rolling the dice on a return to his point-per-game pace but things are getting crowded in the Oil top six.
NHL Fantasy Briefs will take quick daily look at all 30 NHL teams and analyze their fantasy prospects. We don’t have a fantasy season, yet – but you will want to be ready when we do!
The following two tabs change content below.
Matt Bennett is an original DailyFaceoff.com co-Founder. Feel free to reach Bennett directly @bennettdf.
Latest posts by Matt Bennett (see all)
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey – Saturday, November 16 - November 16, 2013
- Hall, Briere and Visnovsky all leave Saturday action - October 20, 2013
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey Today – Rosters Lock at 1pm! - October 18, 2013