It is Tuesday, and you know what that means! A busy night in the NHL and a Fantasy Hockey goalie rankings article. I am sorry for not doing this on Saturday, there were just too many question marks and not enough Confirms to really put a legit rankings list together. Anyways tonight there is eight games on the NHL sched, with a couple of intriguing matchups. Roberto Luongo will return to Long Island to play the team that originally drafted him. The Ducks will face the Maple Leafs while riding a seven game winning streak and the Habs and Oilers face off… Not that cool, but I always enjoy an all Canadian matchup. REMINDER: This is not all based on who I think is going to get the win, but also the best opportunity to post a good GAA and SV%.
1. Corey Crawford (@ Panthers) – Pretty self-explanatory, reigning Cup Champs vs. the lowly Panthers.
2. Roberto Luongo (@ Isles) – Looked great against PIT and had Sunday off. Rest will help, Nucks win.
3. Carey Price (vs. Oilers) – He’s been great in his last 4 starts (.959 SV%) – No Taylor Hall.. Yes Please.
4. Pekka Rinne (@ Wild) – Don’t think there will be a lot of scoring in this one – Both average 2.11 G/PG – Tied for 25th.
5. Josh Harding (vs. Preds) – See Pekka Rinne ^.
6. Mike Smith (vs. Flames) – Smith has looked great lately, plus he scored a goal! Flames have surprised but Yotes win. (LIKELY)
7. Cory Schneider (@ Jackets) – Coming off of a SO vs. 23 ranked offence, I don’t see too much downside here.
8. Jonas Hiller (@ Leafs) – Not going to lie… This one scares me a bit, but the Ducks should score enough for him to win.
9. Sergei Bobrovsky (vs. Devils) – Another low scoring affair *YAWNS* Bob is a strong play tonight.
10. Jonathan Bernier (vs. Ducks) – It is a terrifying matchup but how do you bench him for the names below?
11. Braden Holtby (@ Jets) – Definitely starting to find his game, but I need to see one more before I’m a believer.
12. Joey MacDonald (@ Coyotes) – Off to a nice start to the season, but end of the day he isn’t a reliable fantasy option
13. Devan Dubnyk (@ Habs) – Looked awesome vs. OTT, but on the road in Montreal is never an easy place to play.
14. Evgeni Nabokov (vs. Canucks) – The Canucks have twins on their team… That is just not fair.
15. Ondrej Pavelec (vs. Capitals) – Too inconsistent… 3.01 GAA vs. Alex Ovechkin just isn’t going to work out well.
16. Tim Thomas (vs. Hawks) – How can you not love this dude? But on a serious note, he is playing vs. Chicago.. No Thanks.
Editors Note: Please remember these rankings are for TONIGHT’s games ONLY. Seen too many comments about how so-and-so is not on the list… “That is because he does not play tonight Sir.” Thank you and good luck to all!
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- Nation Network Survey! - September 16, 2014
- DailyFaceoff teams up with Keeping Karlsson Podcast - September 16, 2014
- Team-by-Team Season Preview – St. Louis Blues - September 11, 2014