There are 10 games around the NHL tonight, including another showdown between Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider! Round 1 went to Luongo and my money is on him again tonight. Two of the NHL’s hottest teams, the Bruins and the Sharks will face-off in Boston. And if you are going to be up late on the east-coast you might as well tune in for Capitals and Oilers – there should be no lack of offence in this one. Here are my October 24th goalie rankings to help you know which tendys to start and which ones to sit.
1. Roberto Luongo (@ Devils) – Like I said in the opening, I think Luongo takes Round 2 as well.
2. Josh Harding (vs. Hurricanes) – Playing the way he has with Multiple Sclerosis is nothing short of amazing. I like Minny in this one.
3. Jonathan Quick (vs. Coyotes) – 1.95 GAA / .933 SV% in his last three starts, although PHX is playing well – you gotta roll Quick. (Unconfirmed)
4. Cam Ward (@ Wild) – Minnesota is only scoring 2.10 goals per game, I think goals will be a premium in this contest.
5. Tuukka Rask (vs. Sharks) – Although it is a tough matchup I can’t justify benching Rask. .962 SV% in his last two starts warrant that.
6. Antti Niemi (@ Bruins) – Same as Rask – He is 8-0-1 with a 1.64 GAA, you don’t bench the guy.
7. Carey Price (vs. Ducks) – I don’t see Price losing three in a row – I say Habs upset the Ducks.. Who is with me?
8. Steve Mason (vs. Rangers) – No Nash, No Lundqvist and no Callahan? Plus Mason has been great…I’m on board.
9. Jonas Hiller (@ Habs) – If you don’t agree with me saying Habs over Ducks, then flip Hiller and Price – now he’s ranked 7th.
10. Ondrej Pavelec (@ Preds) – His problem is the lack of D they play in the Peg. But the Preds don’t score, so I’ll roll the dice here.
11. Mike Smith (@ Kings) – Tough year vs. LA last season, on the road, doesn’t look great. However LA’s 2.3 G/PG gives Smith owners hope.
12. Braden Holtby (@ Oilers) – A .936 SV% in his last five starts proves he’s back on track, not a great matchup but start-able.
13. Cory Schneider (vs. Canucks) – The Devils are ranked 26th in scoring and Vancouver is averaging 3 G/PG in their last five.
14. Craig Hutton (vs. Jets) – Stopped 38 of 39 vs the Jets on Sunday… Lightning doesn’t strike twice in the same spot.
15. Kari Lehtonen (vs. Flames) – If he was healthy he’d be in my top 10. It is his first game back and the Flames can score. I’m a little weary about him tonight.
16. Nikolai Khabibulin (@ Lightning) – Not a great matchup for a spot-start, unless you’re in a wins-only league. Then bump him up.
17. Ben Bishop (vs. Hawks) – Struggled against Boston, Chicago won’t be any easier.
18. Kari Ramo (@ Stars) – Calgary can score, but they don’t play defense particularly well. His 3.60 GAA probably isn’t dropping in this one.
19. Devan Dubnyk (vs. Caps) – He is trending back towards fantasy relevance, but Alex Ovechkin is in town…I’ll pass.
20. Cam Talbot (@ Flyers) – Have you seen Lundqvist’s numbers behind this team? Sorry Cam, your NHL debut looks like it’s going to be a long one.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: February 14th - February 14, 2017
- DailyFaceoff DFS Cheat Sheet – February 13th - February 13, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: Episode 52 – Claude JuLOLien - February 13, 2017