Tonight is an unusually ‘slow’ Tuesday night in the NHL. You commonly see 10-plus games, but tonight there are just eight. The intriguing matchups you will see this evening are Ottawa vs. Chicago for the first time since 2012. Two great offences going head-to-head in Edmonton with the Oilers taking on the Maple Leafs. And the Coyotes vs. the Kings, who put up 11 goals in a game last Thursday (7-4 win for the Kings). HERE ARE THE OCTOBER 29TH FANTASY GOALIE RANKINGS:
1) Jaroslav Halak (vs. Jets) – He only has one regulation loss and the Jets have the 22nd ranked offence… Start Em’.
2) Ben Bishop (vs. Devils) – Tampa’s offence is 3rd, New Jersey’s is 24th… Oh yeah and Bishop is 7-1-0… I like him to get his eighth win tonight.
3) Jonas Hiller (@ Flyers) – Until the Flyers prove they can score on a consistent basis, continue to roll your netminders against them.
4) James Reimer (@ Oilers) – He has a .973 SV% in his last two starts, not the best matchup but if he can stop the Penguins he can stop the Oilers offence.
5) Evgeni Nabokov (vs. NYR) – The Rangers only have four goals in their last four games, plus Thomas Vanek will look to pull a Matt Moulson tonight.
6) Kari Lehtonen (@ Habs) – 1.62 GAA and .946 SV% in his first three starts after returning from a groin injury, and Benn and Seguin are clicking right now – I like Dallas here. (LIKELY)
7) Carey Price (vs. Stars) – As much as I like the Stars in this game, I like Price to put up serviceable numbers, with the chance to win. (LIKELY)
8) Steve Mason (vs. Ducks) – As good as Mason has been early on, the Ducks can score with the best of teams.
9) Mike Smith (vs. Kings) – Smith was lit up by the Kings last Thursday, I don’t see that happening again… Especially not at home.
10) Craig Anderson (@ Hawks) – Facing the Blackhawks is never good, unless you are from Chicago, like Anderson is. I expect a strong performance.
11) Ben Scrivens (@ Yotes) – Scrivens has a 2.78 career GAA and the Coyotes are no push-over. He could definitely get you a spot start win, but he could hurt your goalie numbers just as easily.
12) Ondrej Pavelec (@ Blues) – After his best game of the season, it would not surprise me if Pavelec puts up a stinker vs. a good St. Louis team.
13) Richard Bachman (vs. Leafs) – He was great against the Kings, and should be able to post a strong SV% tonight, but I do not expect a win.
14) Nikolai Khabibulin (vs. Sens) – He was terrible vs. the Lightning, so it is hard to put faith in him vs. a solid Senators team. (LIKELY)
15) Martin Brodeur (vs. Lightning) – He stole the show vs. the Bruins, but Tampa Bay has 13 goals in their last three games – Just a bad matchup for the legend.
16) Cam Talbot (vs. Isles) – I continue to doubt the Rangers defense, it is nothing against Talbot but John Tavares has Thomas Vanek with him now, so look elsewhere.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- Maple Leafs trade Phil Kessel to Penguins - July 1, 2015
- 2015 NHL Draft: Live Draft Board - June 26, 2015
- Conference Semifinals Preview – Canadiens vs. Lightning - April 30, 2015