Saturday was a bad day for goalie confirms due to the lack of morning skates, so that is why there was no goalie rankings. Tonight there are nine games on the NHL schedule including Tyler Seguin’s return to Boston, which should be a great game. Jaroslav Halak also returns to Montreal after being traded to the Blues in 2010. In the late game there should be a great goaltending duel between Roberto Luongo and Mike Smith.
1. Antti Niemi (vs. BUF) – Buffalo is 2-13-1 and the Sharks lead the league in scoring… Need I say more?
2. Tuukka Rask (vs. DAL) – Rask has actually been better on the road than at home, but it is hard not to love his 1.73 GAA and .940 SV%.
3. Josh Harding (vs. CGY) – Harding has been fantastic in nine starts – the Flames have been less spectacular… Ride this hot streak.
4. Mike Smith (vs. VAN) – Smith has stood on his head in his last two starts, there is no reason why he can’t do it again tonight – he is also 5-0-1 at home this season.
5. Roberto Luongo (@ PHX) – Lu has not allowed more than two goals in four straight starts, I expect this one to be low scoring.
6. Jaroslav Halak (@ MTL) – Halak is 2-0 vs. his former team and the Habs have not scored much as of late.
7. Robin Lehner (@ CBJ) – Lehner has seen a ton of rubber in limited action this season and has played well. I expect another solid SV% and likely a W.
8. Carey Price (vs. STL) – Price has been good this season, but has not had sufficient goal support. St. Louis is a tough team to score against so I expect that to continue.
9. Kari Lehtonen (@ BOS) – Lehtonen has allowed three goals in three of the last four and he has a terrible matchup. However, all the goalies ranked below him, are not exactly stellar. (LIKELY)
10. Steve Mason (@ CAR) – Carolina and Philly are both struggling to find offence, but I like Mason a lot more than I like Peters.
11. Reto Berra (@ MIN) – Berra was great in his NHL debut. It is hard to project what he is going to do, but the matchup vs. Harding is not a good one right now.
12. Braden Holtby (vs. NYI) – The Islanders are unpredictable. They got beat up by the Flyers, but posted 57 shots vs. Ottawa. They rank 10th in scoring, so on paper this one does not look for Holtby.
13. Curtis McElhinney (vs OTT) – Has been solid in limited action and the Sens have lost five straight. He could be a decent spot start option.
14. Devan Dubnyk (@ FLA) – This will be his first start since suffering an ankle injury. It is a good matchup but the Oilers have a lot of problems right now, so Dubnyk is hard to trust.
15. Evgeni Nabokov (@ WSH) – The Caps scored 10 goals in two games without Ovechkin… Now that he is back, Nabby’s 19 goals in his last five starts does not look very intriguing.
16. Ryan Miller (@ SJ) – You can not blame Miller for his 1-10-0 record, but stats are stats and he can not be trusted vs. San Jose.
17. Justin Peters (vs. PHI) – He is still searching for his first win of the season. An 0-5-0 Justin Peters is not someone I want to be starting… even against the Flyers.
18. Jacob Markstrom (vs. EDM) – One of these bad teams has to win, but it is too much of a toss up to trust Markstrom tonight.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- BREAKING: Peverley collapses, Stars vs. Blue Jackets game Postponed - March 10, 2014
- March 10th – Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings - March 10, 2014
- March 8th – Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings - March 8, 2014