There are seven games across the NHL tonight. Some of the story-lines to keep an eye on are: Jonathan Bernier’s return to Los Angeles and Steven Stamkos still searching for his fist goal in Florida. Your spot start options on this Thursday are Alex Stalock, Cam Talbot, Chad Johnson, Michal Neuvirth and Dan Ellis. I think you are all smart enough to stay away from those last two names. Here are my starting goalie rankings for tonight. Don’t know which goalies to start? Start the ones ranked the highest.
- Ryan Miller (vs. EDM) – Miller has started his Blues career 4-0-1 with a 1.78 GAA and .925 SV%. Miller is a must-start vs. a below average Oilers team.
- Ben Bishop (vs. FLA) – The Lightning are desperate for a win and they catch a break tonight with Roberto Luongo sitting and Dan Ellis starts for the Panthers.
- Tuukka Rask (vs. PHX) – Rask was sensational vs. the Habs on Wednesday and draws both starts of the back-to-back. By now you should know this, he is a must-start.
- Jonathan Quick (vs. TOR) – Quick has won six in a row while only allowing six goals on 138 shots (.957 SV%). Expect another good outing as he tries to get the best of his former back-up. (LIKELY)
- Sergei Bobrovsky (vs. SJ) – Bobrovsky has stopped 67 of 68 shots that he has faced in the last 120 minutes of hockey. The matchup is poor, but Bobrovsky should post a strong SV% at the very least.
- Alex Stalock (@ CBJ) – Stalock is 10-4-1 with a 1.85 GAA and .932 SV% this season. With one of the NHL’s best teams in front of him, he is a top spot-start option every game he gets the nod.
- Jonathan Bernier (@ LA) – Bernier will probably be a little more fired up for tonight than he is on most nights, but his former team is one of the NHL’s hottest teams right now.
- Cam Ward (vs. BUF) – Ward has had a tough season, but he draws the best of matchups tonight and should be safe to deploy.
- Mike Smith (@ BOS) – Smith has now won four of his last five starts while posting a 1.77 GAA and .938 SV%. He runs into a Bruins team who have won six straight games.
- Darcy Kuemper (vs. NYR) – Kuemper is 6-1-1 with a 1.84 GAA and .933 SV% at home this year and the Wild host the Rangers with Cam Talbot in net having lost four of their last six.
- Cam Talbot (@ MIN) – Talbot is 11-5-0 with a 1.75 GAA and .938 SV% this season and stopped 24 shots in a 4-1 win over the Wild in November.
- Ben Scrivens (@ STL) – Scrivens faced 50 shots in a loss to the Kings in his last start and things do not get any easier tonight against the leagues third highest scoring team.
- Michal Neuvirth (@ CAR) – The Sabres average just 1.89 goals per game, playing behind that poor of goal production is not going to earn you many wins.
- Dan Ellis (@ TB) – Ellis is on a bad team against a team who are in serious need of a big performance.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DraftKings Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheet: November 25th - November 25, 2015
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: November 25rd - November 25, 2015
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: November 23rd - November 23, 2015