It’s election day! You know what that means? It means only a few more days of seeing Twitter clustered with election nonsense and we can get back to hockey! There are 10 games tonight, including the NHL’s highest scoring team vs. the lowest scoring team (should be fun) and the first battle between Connor McDavid and Sidney Crosby.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
Keep in mind, goalies can be on this list and “Likely” to start and end up not starting, so make sure goalies are Confirmed before investing all of your money on them.
- Antti Raanta - vs. VAN – (DK-$8,000 / FD-$8,700)
- Cory Schneider – vs. CAR – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,800)
- Calvin Pickard – vs. ARI – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,300)
- Carey Price – vs. BOS – (DK-$8,400 / FD-$10,000)
- Craig Anderson – @ NSH – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,800)
- Frederik Andersen – vs. LAK – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,500)
- Braden Holtby – vs. SJS – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$9,600)
- Matt Murray – vs. EDM – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$9,200)
- Connor Hellebuyck – vs. DAL – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$7,300)
- Cam Talbot – @ PIT – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,700)
- Martin Jones - @ WSH – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,100)
- Pekka Rinne - vs. OTT – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,600)
- Jimmy Howard - @ PHI – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,300)
- Cam Ward - @ NJD – (DK-$6,800 / FD-$7,300)
- Steve Mason – vs. DET – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$7,300)
- Kari Lehtonen – @ WPG – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,000)
- Peter Budaj - @ TOR – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$7,900)
- Louis Dominuge – @ COL – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$7,700)
- Jacob Markstrom – @ NYR – (DK-$6,900 / FD-$8,100)
Boston Bruins - Tuukka Rask / Zane MacIntyre – Rask started last night and said that he is ready to start tonight, but there is no word on who will get the nod for Boston. Don’t expect to get any information until the Bruins hit the ice for warmups at 7:00 p.m. ET.