There are 10 games in the NHL tonight, with the Bruins and Hurricanes coming in on the tail-end of a back-to-back, Jake Allen has an eight-game winning streak on the line and Carey Price will have to start carrying the Canadiens with Alex Galchenyuk and David Desharnais out long-term.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
Keep in mind, goalies can be on this list and “Likely” to start and end up not starting, so make sure goalies are Confirmed before investing all of your money on them.
- Ben Bishop - vs. VAN – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$8,800)
- Carey Price - vs. NJD – (DK-$8,300 / FD-$10,200)
- Chad Johnson - @ ARI – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,200)
- Matt Murray - @ FLA – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,900)
- Jeff Zatkoff - vs. CAR – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$7,600)
- Thomas Greiss - vs. STL – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$7,900)
- Cory Schneider - @ MTL – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$9,100)
- Roberto Luongo - vs. PIT – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,800)
- Pekka Rinne - @ DAL – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$9,300)
- Calvin Pickard - @ BOS – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$8,100)
- Jake Allen - @ NYI – (DK-$8,000 / FD-$8,800)
- Antti Raanta - @ WPG – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,700)
- Jonas Gustavsson - @ PHI – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$7,500)
- Michael Hutchinson - vs. NYR – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$7,600)
- Mike Smith - vs. CGY – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,400)
- Ryan Miller - @ TBL – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$8,100)
Boston Bruins: Tuukka Rask started last night and the Avalanche are struggling, so the thought is that Anton Khudobin will get the nod for the B’s tonight.
Philadelphia Flyers: The Flyers didn’t have a morning skate, which is why I don’t “know” who is starting but there’s about a 99% chance that it’s Steve Mason.
Dallas Stars: The Stars did not hold a morning skate either, but the belief is that it will be Kari Lehtonen for the third straight game.
Carolina Hurricanes: The Hurricanes played last and Cam Ward was shelled for five goals on 38 shots, Eddie Lack isn’t ready so it could be Michael Leighton.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DailyFaceoff DFS Value Plays – February 20th - February 20, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: February 14th - February 14, 2017
- DailyFaceoff DFS Cheat Sheet – February 13th - February 13, 2017