We are nearing the Christmas break, which means that I’m insanely busy with this site and getting ready for Christmas, which is why there was no cheat sheet yesterday or goalie rankings on Saturday. It was either do that for you guys or be in the dog house… anyways, it’s an insane night for NHL hockey with 12 games or 24 teams in action so the goaltending options are plentiful.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Carey Price - vs. ANA – (DK-$8,200 / FD-$10,000)
- Matt Murray - vs. NYR – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$9,300)
- Roberto Luongo - vs. BUF – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,700)
- Scott Darling - vs. OTT – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$8,900)
- Devan Dubnyk - vs. COL – (DK-$8,300 / FD-$9,400)
- Ben Bishop - vs. DET – (DK-$7,8000 / FD-$8,700)
- Cory Schneider - vs. NSH – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,700)
- Martin Jones - vs. CGY – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$8,800)
- Robin Lehner - @ FLA – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,000)
- Thomas Greiss - @ BOS – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$7,900)
- Connor Hellebuyck - @ VAN – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$8.200)
- Antti Niemi - vs. STL – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$7,900)
- Jimmy Howard - @ TBL – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,200)
- Semyon Varlamov - @ MIN – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$8,000)
- Curtis McElhinney - vs. LAK – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$7,600)
- Chad Johnson - @ SJS – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,600)
- Jake Allen - @ DAL – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,800)
- Antti Raanta - @ PIT – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,900)
- Jacob Markstrom - vs. WPG – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$7,800)
- Peter Budaj - @ CBJ – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$8,100)
- Mike Condon - @ CHI – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,200)
- Boston Bruins – The Bruins had an optional morning skate so there was no concrete lineup information out of their camp this morning. With no back-to-back and Tuukka Rask coming off of a shutout, there’s no reason for it not to be him tonight.
- Nashville Predators – The Predators played last night and Pekka Rinne was a busy man, so I would expect Juuse Saros to get another crack at the NHL tonight.
- Anaheim Ducks – John Gibson started last night and played extremely well. Because he played so well, I think there’s a chance he goes again tonight, but many people seem to believe it will be Jonathan Bernier, so who knows?