Tonight is the second last night of NHL hockey before the Christmas break and it should be a great night of puck. The Blue Jackets vs. Penguins should be an unreal game as both teams come in with a combined 18-0-2 record in their last 20 games—impressive. We’ll also see two of the league’s best goalies, Carey Price and Devan Dubnyk will go head-to-head.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Pekka Rinne - vs. LAK – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$9,100)
- Carey Price - vs. MIN – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$10,000)
- Frederik Andersen - @ COL – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$9,000)
- Tuukka Rask - @ FLA – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,900)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - vs. STL – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,500)
- Robin Lehner - vs. CAR – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,000)
- Cory Schneider - vs. PHI – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,600)
- Matt Murray - @ CBJ – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$9,300)
- Devan Dubnyk - @ MTL – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$9,500)
- Mike Condon - vs. ANA – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,200)
- Jake Allen - @ TBL – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,800)
- Sergei Bobrovsky - vs. PIT – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$9,300)
- Ryan Miller - vs. WPG – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,000)
- James Reimer - vs. BOS – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$7,900)
- Cam Ward - @ BUF – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,200)
- Peter Budaj - @ NSH – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,300)
- Michael Hutchinson - @ VAN – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$7,600)
- Semyon Varlamov - vs. TOR – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,100)
Philadelphia Flyers: Tonight is the second night of a back-to-back for the Flyers and Steve Mason was a busy man last night, Anthony Stolarz is from New Jersey… I’m thinking it’s Stolarz tonight.
Anaheim Ducks: There was no news from the Ducks morning skate, but it should definitely by John Gibson tonight.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 23rd - March 23, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: Episode 55 – Playoff Pickups Galore - March 23, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 21st - March 21, 2017