I hope you all had a great New Year’s weekend and it’s time to get back to normal around here! There are seven games tonight and it’s hard to not like Sergei Bobrovsky and his 13-game winning streak. Strangely enough, my No.1 netminders have not been performing very well and if the Blue Jackets lose tonight, it’s probably my fault. Or PDO talking!
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Sergei Bobrovsky - vs. EDM – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$9,600)
- Martin Jones - vs. LAK – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$9,000)
- Cam Ward - vs. NJD – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,300)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - vs. WPG – (DK-$8,000 / FD-$8,700)
- Carey Price - @ NSH – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$9,900)
- Braden Holtby - vs. TOR – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$9,400)
- Frederik Andersen - @ WSH – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$9,100)
- Pekka Rinne - vs. MTL – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,900)
- Cam Talbot - @ CBJ – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$8,900)
- Peter Budaj - @ SJS – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,400)
- Connor Hellebuyck - @ TBL – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,200)
- Anders Nilsson - @ NYR – (DK-$7,000 / FD-$7,800)
New Jersey Devils: Schneider stopped all 22 shots that he faced in the Devils’ shutout win over the Bruins last night. Given that Schneider has struggled recently, they’ll likely go back to him tonight to try and keep him going. There should be an announcement when the Devils get to the rink around 5 p.m. ET.
New York Rangers: The Rangers did not hold a morning skate this morning and with the back-to-back, there won’t be a word on their starting goalie until they get to the arena around 5 p.m. ET.
SaberSim Top 3
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DailyFaceoff DFS Value Plays – February 20th - February 20, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: February 14th - February 14, 2017
- DailyFaceoff DFS Cheat Sheet – February 13th - February 13, 2017