After a rare busy Monday because of Martin Luther King Day in the United States there are another nine games on tap tonight. I don’t think we’ll get another 8-7 game like the beauty we had in Pittsburgh yesterday, but there should be some exciting games. At the start of the season, not many people would have expected Columbus vs. Carolina to be great, but the two teams rank third and 11th in scoring. The Rangers vs. Stars and the late game in Anaheim should also be great contests.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Devan Dubnyk - vs. NJD – (DK-$8,400 / FD-$9,600)
- Frederik Andersen - vs. BUF – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$8,900)
- Corey Crawford - @ COL – (DK-$8,000 / FD-$9,300)
- John Gibson - vs. TBL – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$9,100)
- Henrik Lundqvist - vs. DAL – (DK-$8,200 / FD-$9,000)
- Carter Hutton - vs. OTT – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,000)
- Chad Johnson - vs. FLA – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,200)
- Pekka Rinne - @ VAN – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$9,000)
- Ryan Miller - vs. NSH – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,300)
- Roberto Luongo - @ CGY – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$8,700)
- Mike Condon - @ STL – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,200)
- Cam Ward - @ CBJ – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$8,500)
- Semyon Varlamov - vs. CHI – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$8,100)
- Robin Lehner - @ TOR – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$8,000)
- Cory Schneider - @ MIN – (DK-$7,000 / FD-$8,600)
Columbus Blue Jackets: The Blue Jackets did not hold a morning skate, which is not rare for them this season. Sergei Bobrovsky missed the last three games with an illness, but as long as he is good to go tonight he will start vs. the Hurricanes.
Dallas Stars: Kari Lehtonen started yesterday afternoon in a losing effort, so expect Antti Niemi to get the call in net for the Stars. He is 2-2-0 with a 2.87 GAA and .904 SV% in January and was outstanding in his first start against the Rangers.
Tampa Bay Lightning: Ben Bishop stood on his head yesterday afternoon and since he’s only played in two games in nearly one month, he should be able to start again tonight—Andrei Vasilevskiy’s recent struggles should make this decision easier for head coach Jon Cooper.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 23rd - March 23, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: Episode 55 – Playoff Pickups Galore - March 23, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 21st - March 21, 2017