Let’s try this again. Devan Dubnyk was my No.1 netminder on Tuesday and inexplicably lost to the Devils. I’m not sure how these goalie projections have basically become a curse this season, but it’s baffling. Dubnyk enters play tonight with about as good of a matchup as you can ask for. He will fave the Coyotes, who played last night with Louis Domingue in goal—they;re -350 favourites, I mean this can’t be a curse tonight.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Devan Dubnyk - vs. ARI – (DK-$8,500 / FD-$9,500)
- John Gibson - vs. COL – (DK-$8,300 / FD-$9,200)
- Sergei Bobrovsky - vs. OTT – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$9,300)
- Braden Holtby - @ STL – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$9,600)
- Juuse Saros - @ CGY – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$7,800)
- Chad Johnson - vs. NSH – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,300)
- Frederik Andersen - vs. NYR – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,900)
- Thomas Greiss - vs. DAL – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,600)
- Henrik Lundqvist - @ TOR – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,700)
- Kari Lehtonen - @ NYI – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,900)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - @ SJS – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$8,300)
- Jake Allen - vs. WSH – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,500)
- Mike Condon - @ CBJ – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$8,300)
- Calvin Pickard - @ ANA – (DK-$6,900 / FD-$7,500)
- Louis Domingue - @ MIN – (DK-$6,700 / FD-$7,400)
San Jose Sharks: The Sharks played last night, in what was a great performance from last year’s runner-up. Jones stopped 22 of 24 shots in the win, but Aaron Dell should start tonight because it would be Jones’ third game in four nights.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DailyFaceoff DFS Value Plays – March 27th - March 27, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 23rd - March 23, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: Episode 55 – Playoff Pickups Galore - March 23, 2017