It’s the final night before the All-Star break, so we have an absolutely loaded 13-game slate. There’s going to be 26 goalies for you to choose from and you need to make the right pick on a night like this.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Scott Darling - vs. WPG – (DK-$8,100 / $8,600)
- Braden Holtby - @ NJD – (DK-$8,200 / $9,700)
- Devan Dubnyk - vs. STL – (DK-$7,900 / $9,400)
- Sergei Bobrovsky - @ NSH – (DK-$7,800 / $9,300)
- Martin Jones - vs. EDM – (DK-$7,900 / $9,200)
- Ryan Miller - @ ARI – (DK-$7,700 / $8,400)
- Antti Niemi - vs. BUF – (DK-$7,500 / $7,800)
- Cam Ward - vs. LAK – (DK-$7,700 / $8,500)
- Roberto Luongo - vs. TBL – (DK-$7,600 / $8,700)
- Brian Elliott - @ OTT – (DK-$6,800 / $8,000)
- Carey Price - @ NYI – (DK-$7,800 / $9,400)
- Mike Condon - vs. CGY – (DK-$8,300 / $8,400)
- Thomas Greiss - vs. MTL – (DK-$7,300 / $8,700)
- Matt Murray - @ BOS – (DK-$8,000 / $9,300)
- Peter Budaj - @ CAR – (DK-$7,500 / $8,300)
- Mike Smith - vs. VAN – (DK-$7,400 / $7,900)
- Pekka Rinne - vs. CBJ – (DK-$7,900 / $9,400)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - @ FLA – (DK-$7,900 / $8,300)
- Curtis McElhinney - @ PHI – (DK-$7,200 / $7,700)
- Carter Hutton - @ MIN – (DK-$7,200 / $7,800)
- Keith Kinkaid - vs. WSH – (DK-$6,900 / $7,700)
- Anders Nilsson - @ DAL – (DK-$7,300 / $7,900)
- Connor Hellebuyck - @ CHI – (DK-$7,000 / $7,900)
Boston Bruins: Classic Bruins. It should be Tuukka Rask.
Philadelphia Flyers: I’ve seen an NHL.com reporter say Steve Mason and a Maple Leafs reporter say Michal Neuvirth so who knows. I think it will be Mason again, he was great in New York last night and they just had their bye week, so he’s well rested and he’ll have time to recoup over the All-Star break.
Edmonton Oilers: Jason Gregor told me that Cam Talbot really wants to play and head coach Todd McLellan talked about how to the Oilers have four days off after tonight, so all signs pointing towards Talbot tonight.
SaberSim Top 3 Goalies
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DailyFaceoff DFS Value Plays – March 27th - March 27, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 23rd - March 23, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: Episode 55 – Playoff Pickups Galore - March 23, 2017