There are a total of 13 games today, but there were three 1 p.m. starts, two at 2 p.m. and one 5 p.m. puck-drop before the seven-game primetime slate starts.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from DraftKings and their odds of winning according to the SaberSim Betting Odds Analysis. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Henrik Lundqvist - vs. COL – $8,500 (-265)
- Braden Holtby - vs. ANA – $8,200 (-175)
- Frederik Andersen - vs. BUF – $7,900 (-170)
- Ben Bishop - @ WPG – $7,400 (+110)
- Al Montoya - vs. STL – $7,600 (-120)
- Cam Talbot - vs. CHI – $7,600 (-130)
- Scott Darling - @ EDM – $7,400 (+120)
- Jake Allen - @ MTL – $7,300 (+110)
- John Gibson - @ WSH – $7,100 (+165)
- Robin Lehner - @ TOR – $7,200 (+160)
- Mike Smith - vs. PIT – $6,800 (+200)
- Colorado Avalanche: The Avalanche did not announce a starting goalie this afternoon, but it is believed that it will be Calvin Pickard who gets the first game of their weekend back-to-back.
- Winnipeg Jets: With Ondrej Pavelec hurt and Connor Hellebuyck playing well in a loss last night, look for Hellebuyck to play for the second straight night.
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Matt Murray has been given a heavy diet of starts, but since the Penguins are on their annual “Dad’s Trip” there is a chance that Marc-Andre Fleury gets the call in goal tonight.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DailyFaceoff DFS Value Plays – February 20th - February 20, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: February 14th - February 14, 2017
- DailyFaceoff DFS Cheat Sheet – February 13th - February 13, 2017