There are nine games tonight including Henrik Lundqvist going head-to-head with Carey Price, Auston Matthews going head-to-head with Patrik Laine and a great matchup between the Wild and Blackhawks.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from DraftKings. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Matt Murray - @ CAR – $8,100
- Cory Schneider - vs. OTT – $7,400
- Henrik Lundqvist - vs. MTL – $8,000
- Ben Bishop - vs. EDM – $7,300
- Pekka Rinne - vs. CGY – $8,100
- Devan Dubnyk - vs. CHI – $7,600
- Petr Mrazek - vs. NYI – $7,600
- Craig Anderson - @ NJD – $7,600
- Thomas Greiss - @ DET – $7,600
- Brian Elliott - @ NSH – $7,200
- Carey Price - @ NYR – $7,200
- Corey Crawford - @ MIN – $7,500
- Frederik Andersen - vs. WPG – $8,200
- Connor Hellebuyck - @ TOR – $7,100
- Calvin Pickard - vs. LAK – $7,100
- Laurent Brossoit - @ TBL – $7,500
- Cam Ward - vs. PIT – $7,200
Los Angeles Kings: There are no reports from the Kings’ morning skate as to who left the ice first at the time I’m writing this, but it’s almost certainly going to be Peter Budaj–who would rank 3rd if he starts.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DailyFaceoff DFS Value Plays – March 27th - March 27, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 23rd - March 23, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: Episode 55 – Playoff Pickups Galore - March 23, 2017