There is a whopping 12 games tonight, but with number of back-to-backs and a number of teams taking the morning off, there are six teams who have not confirmed their starting goalie—PHI, MIN, CBJ, CHI, DET & STL.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from DraftKings. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Jonathan Quick – vs. BUF – $8,200
- Mike Smith – vs. DET – $7,800
- Braden Holtby – vs. NSH – $7,800
- Frederik Andersen – @ TBL – $7,300
- Aaron Dell – vs. STL – $7,800
- Andrei Vasilevskiy – vs. TOR – $7,900
- Tuukka Rask – @ EDM – $7,500
- Cam Talbot – vs. BOS – $8,000
- Mike Condon – vs. CHI – $7,300
- Thomas Greiss – vs. WPG – $7,700
- Robin Lehner – @ LAK – $7,200
- Connor Hellebuyck – @ NYI – $7,500
- Ryan Miller – vs. DAL – $7,700
- Keith Kinkaid – vs. PHI – $7,300
- James Reimer – @ CBJ – $7,200
- Pekka Rinne – @ WSH – $7,300
- Kari Lehtonen – @ VAN – $7,200
- Eddie Lack – vs. MIN – $7,000
- Philadelphia Flyers: The Flyers are trying to say alive in the Eastern Conference, so expect them to go back to Steve Mason tonight after he shutout the Penguins yesterday.
- Minnesota Wild: Head coach Bruce Boudreau said over the weekend that Darcy Kuemper would start Thursday, but with Devan Dubnyk getting pulled against Chicago, he might go tonight in Carolina.
- Columbus Blue Jackets: It should be BOB.
- Chicago Blackhawks: The Blackhawks didn’t hold a morning skate but Corey Crawford is playing great and they have a back-to-back this weekend to get Scott Darling some action, so look for Crawford tonight.
- Detroit Red Wings: Jimmy Howard is coming off of an injury and played last night, so Petr Mrazek should be in the cage tonight.
- St. Louis Blues: With Jake Allen starting last night, there’s a high chance that Carter Hutton goes tonight in San Jose.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- DailyFaceoff DFS Value Plays – March 27th - March 27, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Goalie Rankings: March 23rd - March 23, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: Episode 55 – Playoff Pickups Galore - March 23, 2017