There are 11 games tonight and the ones you should be keeping an eye on are:
- An Atlantic Division battle between the Bruins and Senators.
- The red-hot Flames are in Washington to take on a Capitals team that is trying to get the train back on the tracks.
- A late-night matchup between the Wild and Sharks could be a potential playoff matchup preview.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from DraftKings. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Jake Allen - @ COL – $8,300
- Corey Crawford - vs. VAN – $8,500
- Matt Murray - @ BUF – $8,200
- Antti Raanta - @ NJD – $8,400
- Andrei Vasilevskiy - vs. ARI – $8,300
- Al Montoya - vs. DET – $8,400
- Craig Anderson - @ BOS – $7,400
- Tuukka Rask - vs. OTT – $7,900
- Steve Mason - @ WPG – $7,200
- Devan Dubnyk - vs. SJS – $7,700
- Martin Jones - @ MIN – $7,500
- Braden Holtby - vs. CGY – $8,000
- Brian Elliott - @ WSH – $7,200
- Louis Domingue - @ TBL – $6,900
- Cam Ward - @ FLA – $7,100
- Cory Schneider – vs. NYR – $6,900
- Michael Hutchinson - vs. PHI – $7,700
- Reto Berra - vs. CAR – $7,800
- Calvin Pickard - vs. STL – $6,900
- Buffalo Sabres: The Sabres played last night so they did not hold a morning skate; Robin Lehner played well yesterday so they could go back to him tonight.
- Detroit Red Wings: Petr Mrazek started last night so look for Jimmy Howard tonight.
- Vancouver Canucks: Getting info out of the Canucks can be a pain, but with Richard Bachman starting their last game it should be Ryan Miller.