There are 10 games across the NHL tonight and some of the top matchups should be Islanders vs. Capitals, one of the best battle of the backups in New York (Raanta vs. Darling) and a likely high-scoring affair in Edmonton (CBJ @ EDM).
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Jimmy Howard – vs. ARI – (DK-$8,200 / FD-8,200)
- Roberto Luongo – @ MIN – (DK-$7,300 / FD-8,800)
- Robin Lehner – vs. LAK – (DK-$7,400 / FD-8,000)
- Cam Ward – vs. VAN – (DK-$7,700 / FD-8,300)
- Martin Jones – @ TOR – (DK-$7,900 / FD-8,800)
- Antti Raanta – vs. CHI – (DK-$7,700 / FD-8,800)
- Braden Holtby – @NYI – (DK-$8,000 / FD-9,500)
- Devan Dubnyk – vs. FLA – (DK-$8,100 / FD-9,100)
- Cam Talbot – vs. CBJ – (DK-$7,400 / FD-8,700)
- Scott Darling – @ NYR – (DK-$7,500 / FD-8,800)
- Peter Budaj – @ BUF – (DK-$7,700 / FD-8,100)
- Ryan Miller – @ CAR – (DK-$7,300 / FD-8,100)
- Jaroslav Halak – vs. WSH – (DK-$7,300 / FD-8,300)
- Jake Allen – @ NSH – (DK-$7,600 / FD-8,800)
- Frederik Andersen – vs. SJS – (DK-$7,500 / FD-8,700)
- John Gibson – @ DAL – (DK-$7,700 / FD-8,700)
- Antti Niemi – vs. ANA – (DK-$7,200 / FD-7,900)
- Mike Smith – @ DET – (DK-$7,200 / FD-8,300)
- Nashville Predators: The Predators are usually difficult to get goalie information out of, but it should be Pekka Rinne
- Columbus Blue Jackets: The Blue Jackets do no have morning skates so it’s hard to get information, but it should be Sergei Bobrovsky.
SaberSim Top 3
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- The Daily Fantasy Show by DFO (10/23) - October 23, 2017
- DailyFaceoff Podcast: S3E7 – Kucherov To A Ridiculous Start - October 20, 2017
- Tutorial on DFS Line Matching - October 14, 2017