Like any respectable fantasy sports website, Daily Faceoff has created a rotisserie league consisting of the writers of the site. We held our inaugural draft last night, and would like to present our results. First, some things to note about our league:
- There is only six of us, so we went with a deep NHL style lineup roster: 4 LW, 4 C, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G, 4 Bench
- The stats are goals, assists, points, +/-, penalty minutes, powerplay points, wins, goals against average, save percentage, shutouts.
- There is no cap on the amount of games played at each position but
- No adding and dropping players to get more games played
- Each roster must have 6 active defenceman at all times
- Each roster is limited to 3 active goalies
Without further ado, the draft results.
Like any good draft, there were some interesting notes:
- Jarome Iginla and Mike Green were off the board early at 4th and 5th overall respectively
- Goalies were a hot commodity with seven goalies being taken picks 11 through 21
- Rick Nash went extremely high at 9th overall, but Dan was not drafting again until 20th so he had to pull the trigger.
- Paul Stastny was the only Colorado Avalanche selected. Sorry Avs faithful it could be a long year
- Fellow Northwestern foes Edmonton and Minnesota did not fare much better with only three players selected apiece
It should make for an interesting season and we will of course keep you up to date with the standings and any major trades.
We will also each be posting a write-up on our individual teams which can be found here once they are posted:
Let us know which team you think is the best.