I used to write about the top matchups for the evening, but now I’m going to write why my top 3 net minders are who they are.
- Pekka Rinne – Rinne’s recent struggles have been well documented, going 3-4-2 with a 2.46 GAA and .903 SV%, but he is coming off of a great start vs. the Wild and tonight he faces a Canadiens team that has lost seven of eight and have had a difficult time keeping the puck out of their net.
- Jaroslav Halak – Halak lost his last start, but he still had a strong outing and comes in a 3-2-1 with a 2.25 GAA and .924 SV% in December. Halak has great splits but still has a .500 record on the year. He usually won’t allow a lot of goals, especially tonight against the league’s worst offence.
- Semyon Varlamov – Most of the season the Maple Leafs have represented a great matchup, but they come in having scored 20 goals in their last five games (4.00 goals per game)—although it is a dicey looking matchup, Varlamov has been great as of late, winning six in a row with a 0.99 GAA and .970 SV%. How can you not start him?
The Daily Goalie Rankings includes DraftKings salaries as well as my top ‘Good Value’ and ‘Bad Value‘ one-day Fantasy Hockey goalie starts.
If you’ve never played DraftKings, you can SIGN UP HERE
Rankings are based off of matchups, recent performance, injuries etc. and follow standard fantasy stats: Wins, GAA, SV%, SO.
FOR GOALIE STATS AND FANTASY ANALYSIS FOR ALL OF TONIGHT’S STARTING GOALIES, PLEASE VISIT OUR STARTING GOALIES PAGE!
- Pekka Rinne – vs. MTL – ($7,600) – Likely
- Jaroslav Halak – vs. ANA – ($7,400)
- Semyon Varlamov – vs. TOR – ($7,500)
- Jake Allen – @ PHI – ($7,700)
- Connor Hellebuyck – @ EDM – ($6,600) – Likely
- Kari Lehtonen – @ MIN – ($7,000)
- Matt Murray – vs. CBJ – ($6,000)
- Steve Mason – vs. STL – ($7,100)
- Devan Dubnyk – vs. DAL – ($7,500)
- Joonas Korpisalo – @PIT – ($6,200)
- Cam Talbot – vs. WPG – ($6,300)
- Jonathan Bernier – @ COL – ($6,700)
- Cam Ward – vs. WSH – ($6,500)
- Dustin Tokarski – @ NSH – ($6,800)
Anaheim Ducks – Frederik Andersen / John Gibson – The Ducks decided to cancel their morning skate, so there were no lineup updates. The Ducks get underway at 7pm, so head coach Bruce Boudreau is expected to meet with the media between 5pm-6pm ET and could name his starter then. Andersen is coming off of a win, so I would expect him to go.
Washington Capitals – Braden Holtby / Philipp Grubauer – Holtby started last night, stopping 33 of 36 in a 7-3 win. Because of the back-to-back, the Capitals did not hold a morning skate, so there was no lineup updates. Head coach Barry Trotz is expected to meet with the media around 5pm ET and announce his starter. After tonight, the Capitals are off until Saturday, so they could go back to Holtby.
|Good Value Starts||Bad Value Starts|
|Jaroslav Halak – vs. ANA – ($7,400)||Devan Dubnyk – vs. DAL – ($7,500)|
|Connor Hellebuyck – @ EDM – ($6,600)||Dustin Tokarski – @ NSH – ($6,800)|
|Matt Murray – vs. CBJ – ($6,000)||Jonathan Bernier – @ COL – ($6,700)|