There are 11 games tonight and then nearly the entire NHL gets tomorrow night off as there is only one game. There are three teams that come into tonight on a back-to-back, which will lead to more than a few backups getting the call. Both Eddie Lack and Andrew Hammond are expected to start tonight after really long lay-offs so it’s going to be a really fun game to watch, almost as fun as playing video games with elo boosting services.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from DraftKings. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Braden Holtby – vs. CAR – $8,600
- Carey Price – @ COL – $8,200
- Devan Dubnyk – @ WPG – $7,800
- Pekka Rinne – vs. VAN – $8.400
- Matt Murray – vs. CGY – $7,700
- Martin Jones – @ BUF – $8,300
- Henrik Lundqvist – vs. ANA – $8,200
- Peter Budaj – @ TBL – $7,000
- John Gibson – @ NYR – $7,500
- Ben Bishop – vs. LAK – $7,700
- Anders Nilsson – vs. SJS – $7,100
- Petr Mrazek – vs. CBJ – $7,000
- Andrew Hammond – vs. STL – $7,100
- Jacob Markstrom – @ NSH – $7,000
- Jake Allen – @ OTT – $7,200
- Antti Niemi – @ TOR – $6,800
- Curtis McElhinney – vs. DAL – $7,000
- Chad Johnson – @ PIT – $7,000
- Ondrej Pavelec – vs. MIN – $7,800
- Calvin Pickard – vs. MTL – $7,000
- Eddie Lack – @ WSH – $6,000
- Columbus Blue Jackets – The Blue Jackets didn’t hold a morning skate like they’ve often done this season, so there’s no word on who will start. Usually it’s easy to assume that it will be Sergei Bobrovsky, but is recent struggles make it a little more difficult to project that.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- 2019 NHL Playoffs – 2nd Round Preview – BOS vs. CBJ - April 24, 2019
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Notebook 📘 — 04/23/19 - April 23, 2019
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Notebook 📗 — 04/22/19 - April 22, 2019