Thursday was a good night for the Goalie Rankings, I went 6-for-8 on winners and hoping for even more success tonight. Tonight is going to be one of the weirdest fantasy nights you will see. Five backups will get the start for their teams, including Laurent Brossoit, who makes his season debut and Spencer Martin, who makes his first career start.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Ben Bishop – @ ARI – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,800)
- Martin Jones – vs. COL – (DK-$8,400 / FD-$9,000)
- Carey Price – vs. BUF – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$9,400)
- Sergei Bobrovsky – vs. CAR – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$9,300)
- Philipp Grubauer – @ DAL – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$8,300)
- Devan Dubnyk – vs. ANA – (DK-$8,000 / FD-$9,500)
- Frederik Andersen – vs. OTT- (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,800)
- Chad Johnson – vs. EDM – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,200)
- Michal Neuvirth – vs. NJD – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$7,700)
- J-F Berube – vs. LAK – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$7,400)
- John Gibson – @ MIN – (DK-$7,300 / FD-$9,300)
- Peter Budaj – @ NYI – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,300)
- Mike Condon – @ TOR – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,400)
- Mike Smith – vs. TBL – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$8,000)
- Spencer Martin – @ SJS – (DK-$6,700 / FD-$6,500)
- Kari Lehtonen – vs. WSH – (DK-$6,700 / FD-$8,000)
- Laurent Brossoit – @ CGY – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$7,200)
Carolina Hurricanes: Cam Ward was shelled for seven goals last night, in what was his 21st consecutive start. It’d be tough to go back to him the night after he allowed seven goals, so don’t be surprised if Michael Leighton makes his third start of the season.
New Jersey Devils: Keith Kinkaid got the nod yesterday because Cory Schneider was under the weather. However, Schneider was well enough to serve as the backup, so look for him to start tonight as long as he is feeling better.
Buffalo Sabres: Anders Nilsson started last night and turned aside 32 of 34 shots in the overtime win over the Red Wings. Because of the heavy workload, look for Robin Lehner to get back in between the pipes.
Latest posts by Brock Seguin (see all)
- 2019 NHL Playoffs – Eastern Conference Finals Preview - May 9, 2019
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Notebook 📒 — 05/06/19 - May 6, 2019
- Daily Fantasy Hockey Notebook 📕 — 05/03/19 - May 3, 2019