There are seven games tonight and I think tonight is the night the Blue Jackets finally lose. Braden Holtby is coming off of a tough performance, but I think he could put an end to the streak before it reaches a historic level.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Corey Crawford – vs. BUF – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$8,800)
- Jake Allen – vs. CAR – (DK-$8,200 / FD-$8,700)
- Jeff Zatkoff – vs. DET – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$7,600)
- Tuukka Rask – vs. EDM – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$8,900)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy – vs. NSH – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$8,700)
- Martin Jones – vs. MIN – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$9,000)
- Braden Holtby – vs. CBJ – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$9,400)
- Sergei Bobrovksky – @ WSH – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$9,600)
- Devan Dubnyk – @ SJS – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$9,600)
- Cam Talbot – @ BOS – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,800)
- Cam Ward – @ STL – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$8,300)
- Anders Nilsson – @ CHI – (DK-$7,000 / FD-$8,000)
- Jared Coreau – @ LAK – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$7,500)
Nashville Predators: Just another day tying to get information out of the Nashville Predators. They start a back-to-back tonight, so expect Pekka Rinne to get the call tonight and then a chance for Juuse Saros to go tomorrow.