I’ll be the first one to tell you, that these have been lagging lately. It seems like my top-end guys do well, but whoever is listed as my No.1 or No.2 starter gets lit up. I took a BIG chance on Petr Mrazek the other night and he was awful, so I’ve changed the basis on which I rank these for the time being and lets see if my numbers improve. There are 12 games tonight, so you have 24 goalies to choose from.
For those of you who have used this site for years, you have almost certainly seen my Daily Goalie rankings before. For those of you who are new, here is a little blow-by-blow.
On evenings where there are eight-plus games on the NHL schedule, I rank every goalie from 1-to-x (x=number of goalies playing that night) to help you decide which goalies to start that night. I take into account all standard Fantasy Hockey goalie statistics such as Wins, GAA and SV%. This is a fantastic tool for both year-long and daily fantasy players.
For year-long players, I am constantly faced with the questions: Pick two between Goalie X, Y or Z. Or something along those lines. Instead of answer each question individually, I have made it simple for anyone who has goalie questions to see who I would start. So, if Goalie X is ranked fourth, Goalie Y is ranked 2nd and Goalie Z is ranked 9th. Then you would start Goalies X and Y that night. Simple enough right! Good. Moving along.
For Daily players, I have listed the prices of each of tonight’s starting goalies from both DraftKings and FanDuel. If you’ve built your roster and you have $8,200 left, then pick my top goalie under $8,200. Or if you start building your roster with the best goalie that night, pick my top goalie or upper-tier goalie with the best value.
- Braden Holtby – vs. NJD – (DK-$8,200 / FD-$9,300)
- Devan Dubnyk – vs. NYI – (DK-$8,300 / FD-$9,700)
- Mike Condon – vs. DET – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,200)
- Sergei Bobrovsky – @ WPG – (DK-$8,000 / FD-$9,500)
- Kari Lehtonen – vs. COL – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$8,300)
- Antti Raanta – @ ARI – (DK-$8,100 / FD-$8,800)
- Cam Talbot – vs. LAK – (DK-$7,700 / FD-$8,800)
- Corey Crawford – @ NSH – (DK-$7,800 / FD-$9,000)
- Robin Lehner – vs. BOS – (DK-$7,400 / FD-$8,100)
- Andrei Vasilevskiy – vs. TOR – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$8,600)
- Al Montoya – @ FLA – (DK-$7,900 / FD-$7,800)
- John Gibson – @ CGY – (DK-$7,500 / FD-$8,500)
- Chad Johnson – vs. ANA – (DK-$7,600 / FD-$8,500)
- Jared Coreau – @ OTT – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$7,300)
- James Reimer – vs. MTL – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$7,900)
- Jaroslav Halak – @ MIN – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$8,200)
- Keith Kinkaid – @ WSH – (DK-$7,000 / FD-$7,500)
- Antoine Bibeau – @ TBL – (DK-$7,000 / FD-$7,400)
- Mike Smith – vs. NYR – (DK-$7,000 / FD-$8,200)
- Calvin Pickard – @ DAL – (DK-$7,100 / FD-$7,700)
- Michael Hutchinson – vs. CBJ – (DK-$7,200 / FD-$7,600)
- Boston Bruins: The Bruins had an optional morning skate this morning, so there was no news on who would be in goal, but with no back-to-back, look for Tuukka Rask to get the call between the pipes.
- Nashville Predators: As is often the case, information out of Nashville is difficult to come by, but they seem reluctant to give Juuse Saros more starts, so I’m expecting Pekka Rinne vs. the Blackhawks.
- Los Angeles Kings: The Kings are coming in on the tail-end of a back-to-back so they did not hold a morning skate and with Peter Budaj starting and losing to the Canucks last night, it could be Jeff Zatkoff tonight.