Can you believe it is December already? Colorado has played the least games in the NHL with 25 which means most teams are already one-third of the way through the season. There are nine games on the schedule tonight, with a number of good games. San Jose is in Toronto – you don’t get to say that everyday. Dallas is in Chicago, albeit without Tyler Seguin, so that game loses some hype. And Los Angeles will face-off with the Ducks, in what appears to be Martin Jones’ NHL debut. Here are tonight’s goalie rankings to help you set your fantasy lineups!
* * *
1. Marc-Andre Fleury (@ NYI) – Coming off of a shutout and faces an Isles team who have lost six straight.
2. Corey Crawford (vs. DAL) – He leads the NHL in WINS (17) and has won 12 of his last 15 starts.
3. Ben Bishop (@ CBJ) – While his game appears to be trending back towards his career numbers, he remains a great start against the NHL’s 22nd ranked offence.
4. Roberto Luongo (vs. NSH) – There is a good chance Lu allows two goals, but no more – he’s allowed just two goals in seven of his last 10 and Nashville’s offence is 24th…
5. Antti Niemi (@ TOR) – The Sharks lead the league in shots for, the Leafs lead the league in shots against… You do the math.
6. Braden Holtby (vs. CAR) – The Caps are a very difficult to project, but Holtby has played very well in three of his last four and Carolina ranks second last in scoring.
7. James Reimer (vs. SJ) – Read Niemi, Antti.
8. Marek Mazanec (vs. VAN) – As much as I am not a fan of this matchup, it is hard to not pay attention to what he’s been able to do. He has allowed just 12 goals in his last eight starts.
9. Jonas Hiller (vs. LA) – The Ducks are really good at home (10-0-1) , Hiller is 5-0-1… It is a tough matchup but with Jones making his NHL debut I like the Ducks.
10. Mike Smith (@ EDM) – Has a 4.04 GAA and .871 SV% during a 4-game losing skid. The solid matchup is the only thing making him start worthy tonight.
11. Craig Anderson (@ FLA) – 2-4-0 with a 4.00 GAA and .866 SV% in November…. Ewww, thankfully he gets to play the Panthers.
12. Kari Lehtonen (@ CHI) – 1) Lost 4 straight. 2) No Tyler Seguin. 3) On the road vs. Chicago… How do you feel about that?
13. Devan Dubnyk (vs. PHX) – Dubnyk has actually played well lately, but the matchup is not ideal. This Coyotes offence continues to surprise.
14. Sergei Bobrovsky (vs. TB) – This just is not the same goalie we saw last season and you can’t treat him as such. Act like he is a guy with a 2.81 GAA and .906 SV%.
15. Justin Peters (@ WSH) – Hasn’t started in almost two weeks and has to face Alex Ovechkin and the ninth highest scoring offence.
16. Tim Thomas (vs. OTT) – This marks his 12th straight start… They know this guy is 39-years-old right? Eight goals against in his last two game, 15 in his last five, plus he must be exhausted.
17. Martin Jones (@ ANA) – NHL debut against the NHL’s third best team and fifth ranked offence? I’ll wait till he gets a shot at Columbus before I pick him up. (Likely)
18. Anders Nilsson (vs. PIT) – Just NO. He is playing Pittsburgh… You weren’t actually… Right?