Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Ryan Miller: Still proving to be among the fantasy elite.
- Thomas Vanek: One of the most reliable near-30 goal scorers in the NHL… and you’ll probably still be able to get him at a discount.
- Christian Ehrhoff: Big production drop after signing the big contract but still need to draft on potential.
- Tyler Myers: He’ll still draft among the top-tier defensemen but last year was incredibly inconsistent.
- Jason Pominville: With Vanek, another member of the offensive consistency club you can get later in your draft.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Cody Hodgson: Only put up 8 in 20 with the Sabres after the trade but moving Roy out clears the way for many more offensive minutes.
- Tyler Ennis: The pick will turn heads but the small forward could pay off, especially if he has winger eligibility.
- Steve Ott: PIMs, PIMs, PIMs.
- Drew Stafford: Quiet 50-point guy but you’ll only need him in the deepest leagues.