Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Miikka Kiprusoff: The best fantasy option on this team but the wins will be lesser now more than ever.
- Jarome Iginla: Played every game over the past 5 seasons.
- Michael Cammalleri: Produced at a decent rate after the trade to the Flames, but may get overdrafted by the casual user.
- Alex Tanguay: Suffered a real down year after a 69-point season. On again, off again.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Sven Bartschi: He won’t make the team to sit on the bench. 50+ points is certainly in range.
- Mark Giordano: Will rack up the PP points at least.
- Dennis Wideman: The other Flames’ PP alternative… going to be him or Giordano opposite Bouwmeester.
- Jiri Hudler: Remember that those 25 goals came on the Red Wings, not the Flames.