Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Jamie Benn: Hard to argue against increasing his point totals every year despite less games played. Look for 30+ goals if healthy.
- Loui Eriksson: Three straight 70+ point seasons and proved he can still perform without Brad Richards.
- Michael Ryder: Might have had the quietest 35-goal season out of anyone last year.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Alex Goligoski: Remember that 45 point season? It was only one year ago.
- Derek Roy: Center is deep but you have to like the prospects of a fresh start in Dallas. He’ll be sidelined rehabbing from shoulder surgery until November, however.
- Ray Whitney: You probably won’t draft him because he’s 40, but he hasn’t failed to contribute in his latter years, yet. Selanne v2.0?