Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Jimmy Howard: Coming off his best season, yet, it will need to be seen how a Lidstrom-less D affects his numbers.
- Pavel Datsyuk: Datsyuk is now 3 seasons removed from 97 point but has still produced at or near a point per game in his last two.
- Henrik Zetterberg: ’11-12 had Hank’s lowest power play and overall output as a Red Wing. However, still should be considered one of the top wing-eligible players.
- Johan Franzen: The streaky Mule will get you your power play goals.
- Niklas Kronwall: Kronwall has been groomed for the opportunity to be the Wings’ top minute eater. Hopefully, the offensive output follows.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots:
- Valtteri Filppula: Filppula finally put together a solid season but will likely go undrafted in standard leagues.
- Mikael Samuelsson: Difficult to see where he will fit in but if he’s regularly playing top-six minutes, 20 goals could be attainable again.
- Ian White: Benefited from being paired with Lidstrom on the power play but the offensive defenseman will still be counted on to contribute.
- Kyle Quincey: Past couple seasons are too rocky to trust him. He will most certainly receive PP2 minutes.
Latest posts by Matt Bennett (see all)
- The Fantasy Minute – Week of November 13th - November 13, 2014
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey – Saturday, November 16 - November 16, 2013
- Hall, Briere and Visnovsky all leave Saturday action - October 20, 2013