Players you should be drafting in all standard formats:
- Taylor Hall: Getting better and entering his third season. If he stays healthy, he’ll pot an easy 30.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: Emerged as the primary center on the Oilers’ top line and 23 of his 52 points were on the power play.
- Jordan Eberle: As electric as he is productive. 34 goals and 76 points in his sophomore year could leave him at a top-10 winger by the end of the season.
Players you’ll take as a flier at the end of your draft or in deeper leagues. Think 12-16 teams with multiple forward and util spots.
- Sam Gagner: It’s easy to forget he’s only 23 but with these offensive weapons surrounding him, he could surprise.
- Justin Schultz: The hyped up D-man will go higher than he should in the draft. If Jake Gardiner is his upside, you can pass this year.
- Nail Yakupov: The Oilers will score and he will be a part of it if he makes the team out of camp.
- Ales Hemsky: You’re rolling the dice on a return to his point-per-game pace but things are getting crowded in the Oil top six.