I will usually only release nightly goalie rankings on nights that there are eight-plus games, (7 tonight) but tomorrow (10 games) I will be attending the Red Wings vs. Capitals game so I won’t have time to write one up. I will try and help you tonight but you will be on your own tomorrow! There are a number of good games tonight – Tampa Bay vs. Anaheim , Chicago vs. Phoenix, Vancouver vs. San Jose and St. Louis vs. Colorado. All four of those games feature teams in the top 10 in the NHL standings and seven of those teams rank in the top 10 in scoring.
If you do not know which goalies to start tonight, you start the guys ranked the highest.
* * *
1. Kari Lehtonen (@ CGY) – 1. Coming off of a shutout vs. EDM and taking on a soft CGY team 2. 2.12 GAA and .926 SV% since returning from LBI. 3. One of the most underrated goalies in the NHL. Pick your reason to start him tonight.
2. Ben Bishop (vs. ANA) – Tough matchup vs. the NHL’s top team, but no Ryan Getzlaf and potentially no Corey Perry make it a much easier test for the RED-HOT Bishop.
3. Corey Crawford (vs. PHX) – PHX can score, but Crawford has won three straight and six of his last seven, he is a must-start regardless of his matchup.
4. Roberto Luongo (vs. SJ) – SJ is not as scary as they were with Brent Burns in the lineup. Lu has struggled vs. the Sharks in three starts, but at home I like VAN tonight.
5. Jonas Hiller (@ TB) – If Tampa plays like they did vs. MTL on Tuesday, Hiller could be in trouble, but without Steven Stamkos this offence is not as troublesome for opposing netminders.
6. Antti Niemi (@ VAN) – Four of their last five losses have been one-goal games, so Niemi will definitely have a shot at the W tonight.
7. J.S Giguere (@ STL) – He Undefeated, He Undefeated! I anticipate Giggy stays unbeaten tonight even with the stiff test of taking on the Blues on the road.
8. Mike Smith (@ CHI) – Winning eight of your last 10 makes you a must-start candidate, but this is a toughhhhh matchup. The ‘Yotes can definitely hang with the Blackhawks, but it is tough to bank on a W tonight.
9. Jaroslav Halak (vs. COL) – Halak was less than impressive against Phoenix, especially on the OT winner. With the 14-3-0 Avs in town, I think the eight above tendys are better options tonight.
10. Chad Johnson (vs. CBJ) – If you are looking for a spot start tonight… Johnson is your guy. Career 2.07 GAA and .924 SV%, albeit in only 12 appearances (10 starts) plus it is a favourable matchup.
11. Sergei Bobrovsky (@ BOS) – Goalie Bob has allowed three-plus goals in six of his last nine contests and terrible matchup tonight vs. the B’s.
12. Ben Scrivens (@ NYI) – Scrivens is the starter by default in L.A now, his first start as the number-1 comes against the Isles who rank 13th in the NHL in scoring… But I still give the edge to L.A.
13. Kevin Poulin (vs. LA) – Poulin’s has been solid this season, but his 9-13-1 career record and the absence of Thomas Vanek doesn’t give me too much confidence in him tonight.
14. Reto Berra (vs. DAL) – Berra was rock solid on Tuesday vs. SJ but the Flames lack of offence and defence (130 shots faced in four starts) drastically limit his value.
Editors Note: If you have any fantasy questions feel free to Tweet me @DailyFaceoff or directly @Brock_Seguin .