An usually busy Monday because of American Thanksgiving gives us nine games tonight. Pittsburgh @ Boston should be a great game, St. Louis takes on Minnesota in a tough Western Conference battle and I’m interested to see how the Oilers take on the Blackhawks while riding a three game winning streak.
* * *
1. Martin Brodeur (vs. WPG) – Has won seven of his last nine with 1.45 GAA and .941 SV%.
2. Henrik Lundqvist (@ TB) – 7-9-0 with a 2.36 GAA and .921 SV% on the season.
3. Tuukka Rask (vs. PIT) – In his first start against Pittsburgh he allowed three goals on 34 shots in a 3-2 loss.
4. James Reimer (vs. CBJ) – 4-0-0 with a 1.96 GAA and .951 SV% at Home.
5. Steve Mason (@ FLA) – 4-1-2 with a 1.93 GAA and .940 SV% in November.
6. Ben Bishop (vs. NYR) – Lightning have just six goals in their last four games and until they start scoring, their success hinges on Ben Bishop’s efforts in net.
7. Ondrej Pavelec (@ NJ) – Despite two rough outing vs. a good Chicago team, Pavelec has posted a .943 SV% in his six other starts in November.
8. Roberto Luongo (vs. LA) – Has allowed two goals in each of his last five starts, 1-2-2 in those games. (Likely)
9. Marc-Andre Fleury (@ BOS) – Fleury has a strong 1.95 GAA and .923 SV% in 20 starts this season.
10. Corey Crawford (@ EDM) – He gets the call tonight against an Oilers team who have won three straight while outscoring their opponents 15-3.
11. Mike Smith (@ NSH) – He catches a break tonight when the Coyotes travel to Nashville to take on the 24th ranked Predators offence (2.26 G/PG).
12. Jaroslav Halak (vs. MIN) – 7-1-2 with a 2.36 GAA and .904 SV% at Home.
13. Ben Scrivens (@ VAN) – 4-0-2 with a 1.15 GAA and .955 SV% since becoming the starter.
14. Niklas Backstrom (@ STL) – 2-1-2 with 3.03 GAA and .892 SV% this season.
15. Marek Mazanec (vs. PHX) – 2.32 GAA and .929 SV in his first six starts, but he has a tough matchup with the Coyotes and their 4th ranked offence in town.
16. Tim Thomas (vs. PHI) – 3-4-1 with a 2.59 GAA and .911 SV% his previous eight starts.
17. Sergei Bobrovsky (@ TOR) -He is 3-4-2 with a 3.38 GAA and .889 SV% in November.
18. Devan Dubnyk (vs. CHI) – His winning streak will be in jeopardy tonight with the reigning Stanley Cup Champions in town.