Teemu Selanne was dealt another blow this season after taking a puck off the face in Wednesday night’s game vs. Boston. The Ryan Whitney shot was deflected off of Miroslav Satan and then subsequently off of Selanne’s cheek. Initial estimates by Coach Randy Carlyle have Selanne missing “days to weeks” as he’ll undergo surgery to repair the fracture. The veteran has already announced he’ll retire after this season but I bet he wishes he called it quits last year.
Selanne has 16 goals and 7 assists in an injury riddled season where he’s only been healthy for 29 of Anaheim’s 47 games played. Set your lineups accordingly.
If you are looking for injury replacements, consider:
- Patric Hornqvist (39% owned) – 5 goals (4 PP) and 3 assists in his last 6 games
- Guillaume Latendresse (14% owned) – 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 4 games
- Danny Briere (62% owned) – 2 goals and 4 assists in his last 4 games
Latest posts by Matt Bennett (see all)
- The Fantasy Minute – Week of November 13th - November 13, 2014
- Play Free Fantasy Hockey – Saturday, November 16 - November 16, 2013
- Hall, Briere and Visnovsky all leave Saturday action - October 20, 2013